stories biography escapes archives


Her


Adrienna Mak.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker


Thursday, May 7, 2009
Be kind, rewind

Let me just begin todays post with a frightful story.

I have been pretty absent minded these days and it sure got the best of me last Wednesday.

After throwing my chemical solution into the appropriate waste bottle, the right thing to do was to wash it with water. Right?
As soon as I poured water into the test tube, a small undissolved piece of sodium metal started fizzing vigorously. I was in shock and all that I could do was watch as the metal fizzed its way up to the surface of the water and caused a tiny explosion. A tiny flame of fire formed at the top of the tube and thankfully it faded after 5 seconds or so. I was so scared but yet thankful I didn't scream, throw or set myself or anyone else on fire.Thank God it was just a tiny piece of metal!! phew...

Never ever forget that Sodium metal is very very reactive in water. Even moist in the air causes it to react.


Oh, and I am still stuck with tons of reports to write!! I am really sick and tired of it!! REALLY!!gah..

over and out

ps. yes, we are cool. ;D