stories biography escapes archives


Her


Adrienna Mak.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker


Friday, April 10, 2009
Good Friday

My head is as heavy as a canon ball and probably as hot as the base of an iron. (exaggerated on the iron part)
My heart is pulsating at 110 beats per minute.
I think i'm ill.

Today, although I felt awfully tired and weak, I had to drag myself to uni for my 3 hour bio lab session which i dread. So i hurriedly packed my 3/4 finished biology and chemistry reports and hoped that today will end in a jiffy. However, guess what happened?!!?!

- The scenario was that I have another bio lab report and only have a limited time of 3 hours to finish it.....
and all of a sudden, the emergency siren went off. The pre-recorded tape was playing continuously, asking everyone to evacuate the buildings. We obviously had to drop whatever we were doing and walk 7 flights of stairs down. We were all still clad in our lab coats and so we looked like flocks of sheep walking towards the open field where the sun shone ever so brightly. It was extremely hot and with the entire university population packed together like sardins in a can, I really felt like a living zombie. So basically, almost 30 to 45 minutes of precious time that could be well spent on my report was wasted!!
We rushed back to the lab and my lecturer said that the due time is unchanged. With only one hour left and so many questions unanswered and the freaking karyotype that we had to assemble still left unassembled, I trembled. If only i could just burst out crying and beg for mercy but before I could, he suddenly said we could pass it up at the end of the day.
So I stayed back an extra 2 hours to finish up on both my chem and bio and skipped my other two lectures. Went home immediately, ate and slept although I was slightly worried about the fact that heartburn may occur when you sleep straight after eating. I actually contemplated sleeping but in the end gave up and slept like a baby.LOL..

Feeling slightly better now but should probably get back to sleep again soon.


Oh btw, Its good friday today! Its been a really rough month for me but I'm still able to hang on because of You!
truly, I am nothing without You.
Thank You for Your unconditional sacrifice! I love you always and forever.

this song is taken from Calvary church's easter presentation probably about 9 years ago but it still touches me everytime i hear or sing it.

God is too wise to be mistaken,
God is too good to be unkind,
When you don't understand,
When you can't see His plan,
When you can't trace His hand, trust His heart.